Are you ready to experience the Delta-8 phenomenon? In this article, we will highlight some of the important information about this cannabinoid you should know first, and then tell you exactly where you can find it. Hint: Bay Smokes.
Let’s start with the basics.
What is Delta-8?
Delta-8 THC is one of the latest cannabinoids to take the cannabis community by storm. It is an aged form of Delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) naturally occurring in the hemp plant in small amounts.
Since it is so closely related to other cannabinoids, it has similar effects. Some Delta-8 users describe the effects as somewhere between a THC and cannabidiol (CBD) experience.
This can be especially enticing for those who feel that the effects of THC may be too overwhelming; the anxiety, the paranoia. In contrast, Delta-8 provides a mild psychoactive high that allows you to think clearly, without anxiety.
On the other hand, if you value CBD’s calming effect, but would like to experience an uplifting body high, Delta-8 might be a better choice. Keep in mind different strains may have different ranges of effects. Here are some common effects that may characterize a Delta-8 experience:
- Increased body awareness
- Uplifting feeling in the body
- Dreamy introspection
- Mild and clear cerebral high
Benefits of Delta-8
But D8 isn’t just for recreation. As with many compounds coming from cannabis, Delta-8 shows great promise in the world of medicine. The National Cancer Institute recognizes Delta-8 THC as “an analogue of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) with antiemetic, anxiolytic, appetite-stimulating, analgesic, and neuroprotective properties.”
This means that Delta-8 may help to decrease nausea, anxiety, pain, and it can also bring back a healthy appetite. Keep in mind, however, that the research on D8 is still in its early stages, so there is a lot more to learn on the subject. Here are some highlights of the existing research:
- May decrease nausea and vomiting: Nausea occurs as a symptom of many disorders, as well as a side effect of many treatments. One of those nausea-inducing treatments is chemotherapy. In 1995, Dr. Raphael Mechoulam discovered that after taking Delta-8 THC, children undergoing cancer treatment saw an improvement in their nausea and vomiting. These patients, aged 3 to 13, showed no psychotropic effects. Delta-8 THC is said to be 200 times more effective as an antiemetic than D9.
- May reduce anxiety: People experiencing Delta-8 THC typically do not feel paranoid or anxious. Users report feeling uplifted and alert, yet still calm and relaxed. D8 is much less likely to induce anxiety in high doses than Delta-9 THC due to its anxiolytic properties. Delta-8 is thought to interact with the CB1 and CB2 receptors in the endocannabinoid system (ECS). It has been proven that the CB1 receptor has a link to anxiety. When D8 binds with CB1, it activates effects that promote relief from stress and anxiety.
- May increase appetite: Patients experiencing loss of appetite from cancer and other illnesses have seen an increase in appetite, which allows them to get the vital nutrition needed. In 2004, a study on mice showed that Delta-8 increased food intake significantly. These findings prove that low doses of Delta-8 may be therapeutic for weight disorders, though more research is needed on human subjects.
- May provide pain relief: Delta-8 has been shown to provide pain relief and reduce inflammation in some case studies. In 2018, a study of mice with corneal injury under the influence of Delta-8 THC showed a reduction in their pain score. It also showed that D8 blocked the pain and had anti-inflammatory effects through the CB1 receptor. This showed that D8 could help treat ocular pain and inflammation.
- May fight cancer: In 1974, a study was conducted on the effects of Delta-8 THC on rats. Unexpectedly, the researchers found that the cannabinoid had cancer-killing properties. There was not much follow-up research after this amazing discovery.The public is mostly unaware of the findings due to the decades it took for the government to admit the find. Current research shows that both Delta 9 and Delta 8 are potent inhibitors of Tu183 cellular respiration and can be highly toxic to a malignant tumor. Delta-8 was also shown to inhibit adenylate cyclase in neuroblastoma cell membranes.
Legality of Delta-8 THC
Given the complex history of cannabis and its ephemeral flirtation with legality, it can be confusing to find an answer to the following question: Is Delta-8 THC legal?
The answer is, yes Delta-8 is legal on a federal level. This is due to the passing of the Farm Bill of 2018 which removed hemp and its derivatives from the list of Schedule I controlled substances. The Farm Bill specifies that hemp is considered cannabis as long as it has a concentration of 0.3% THC or less. Anything above that concentration is considered marijuana and federally illegal.
That being said, states work by their own rules. Just as marijuana is illegal federally but is legal in specific states, hemp products are legal federally but have some restrictions in certain states. For this reason, we highly recommend that you research the laws in your state to determine what restrictions are placed on hemp products, including Delta-8.
As a good rule of thumb, it is often true that where it is legal to buy cannabidiol (CBD) products, you can probably find Delta-8 products. This is because they are both hemp-derivatives and thus are legalized in the same places.
This rule of thumb regarding CBD products also includes other popular cannabinoid products containing cannabichromene (CBC), cannabinol (CBN), and cannabigerol (CBG).
Where to Buy Delta-8 THC
Once you have determined that Delta-8 is fully legal in your state, you’re good to go. If you are lucky enough to be in a state where hemp products are legalized, there are tons of places you can find D8.
If you’d like to get your hands on some of this exciting compound, we will tell you all the places you can find it. You can find Delta-8 THC products in:
- Retail stores
- Smoke shops
- CBD shops
- Marijuana dispensaries
Buying Delta-8 online is incredibly convenient. With a click of a button, you can choose the right product for you from the comfort of your bed, couch, desk, or toilet. Buy from a trusted source, with a wide variety of good-quality products that have been third-party tested!
Choose Your Strain Today
Welcome to the Delta-8 world. Since this underrated cannabinoid has been legalized federally, it has begun to grow in increasing popularity across the Internet, and right into our hearts. Choose your strain today at Bay Smoke’s online store.
Disclaimer: We want to state that this content is for informational purposes only. It is not provided to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or ailment. It should not be interpreted as instruction, medical, or legal advice. It should not displace the advice of your doctor or lawyer. We recommend talking to your doctor to prepare a treatment plan for any diseases or ailments.