Getting the most out of things is natural for anyone who truly appreciates life’s pleasures. Your vape cartridge is no exception. We all want to savor every mg of our cannabis oil, to lay back and enjoy the medicinal and recreational effects.
In this article, we will fill you in on how many hits are typically in a 1 gram vape cartridge, as well as some factors that allow you to get more out of every blissful puff.
Factors Influencing Amount of Hits
Several factors can influence how many hits you get out of your vape cartridge. Some of these factors are:
- The wattage of your battery
- The viscosity of the oil or wax
- How high the heat settings go
- How big of a puff you take
The battery you use can affect the life of your cartridge. If you use a higher wattage battery, it can require you to charge it more often, and thus decrease its lifespan.
And more importantly, it can burn off more oil during a single hit. This is because high wattage pens are meant to atomize at a higher temperature than pens with lower wattage. In the end, you lose more due to this higher temperature.
Most Delta-8 THC cartridges are designed to be universally compatible with common vape batteries. The 510 thread is the most common vape pen battery, which we strongly recommend if you are looking into vaping.
It works with many of the carts on the market, including products for most medical and recreational use. The common voltage range for 510 thread batteries is 3.3v to 4.8v.
Typically slim vape pens will be in the lower range; around 3.3v. A standard vape cartridge has about 1.2 ohms of resistance, so for this ideally you will need about 7 watts to produce 3.7v.
Another quick tip: Do not put the cart on a huge vape mod battery. Having too much voltage can fry your cartridge.
Oil or Wax Viscosity
How thick your oil or wax is can make a big difference in how quickly you go through your cart. If the oil is thinner, this means it will burn off slower. The denser it is, the more likely it will need to be heated longer or at a higher temperature (and it is imperative to thoroughly heat the oil, or else it can easily create clogs). Therefore this means more will be used in each hit due to the use of more heat.
If you have your vape pen set at a higher temperature, you are guaranteed to go through your gram cartridge quicker than someone with a lower temperature.
Experts say that most cannabinoids are best vaporized at a temperature anywhere between 380℉ and 700℉. So, what are the benefits of low, medium, and high-temperature settings?
- Lower temperatures: Low temp settings will retain more flavor of your cannabis oil. This will also result in lower amounts of cannabis oil being vaporized, meaning smaller hits. The flavonoids and terpenes are the most easily vaporized compared to cannabinoids. This means the flavors and aromas are vaped off first before the cannabinoids. So, in essence, low temperature means maximum flavor, but with a mild cannabis effect.
- Medium temperatures: This is the happy medium. You will be able to experience the flavors and aromas, as well as creating the desired effects of the active cannabinoids. Your hits will be average and burn up a steady amount of oil.
- Higher temperatures: High temperatures will retain less flavor, but with larger hits and large puffs of vape clouds. When burned off at high temps, flavonoids, and terpenes are still present, but quickly disappear. On the other hand, cannabinoids vaporize more easily at higher temperatures, allowing you to most enjoy the active ingredient.
If you are someone who takes long hits, this will correlate to how quickly you burn through your cartridge. Someone who takes light puffs will probably take a one-second drag. However, someone who takes longer pulls (like anywhere from 3 to 6 seconds) will have significantly fewer hits than the lighter puffer.
Average Hits for ½ Gram and 1 Gram Vapes
So you may be wondering how many hits you can get out of one cartridge. Unfortunately, there is no standard amount of hits per cart size due to all the varying factors listed above.
It is also important to keep in mind the potency of the product plays a factor. We can only anecdotally say what most people’s experiences are, on an average basis. Typically prefilled carts come in these two sizes:
- ½ gram (500 mg): To finish this size cart, an average person will take anywhere between 75 and 150 puffs, based on a 3 to 5 mg puff. Tentatively we would say if you are a light inhaler and you take as much as 30 puffs a day, then your cart will last you anywhere from 3 to 5 days. But if you only tend to take about 3 puffs a day on a one-second inhale, you could make your cart last about 50 days!
- 1 gram (1,000 mg): To finish this size cart, an average person will take anywhere between 150 and 300 puffs, based on a 3 to 5 mg puff. Tentatively we would say if you are a light inhaler and you take as much as 30 puffs a day, then your cart will last you anywhere from 5 to 10 days. But if you only tend to take about 3 puffs a day on a one-second inhale, you could make your cart last about 100 days!
How Many Hits Does it Take to Get to The End of a Vape Cart
As with the famous Tootsie Roll Pop commercial, we try to guesstimate how many hits it takes to get the end of your vape cart. But, just like a Tootsie Roll Pop, the answer is subjective.
With the information we have provided, you can now determine what kind of battery you use, the oil’s viscosity, the heat settings you want, and what kind of a puffer you are.
Keeping in mind your individual criteria will give you a more accurate representation of how many blissful Delta-8 puffs it will take you to get to the end of your vape cart.
Disclaimer: We want to state that all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general information purposes only. The content of this posting is “as is”. No representations are made that the content is error-free.